Next month, Monsieur Baby, Hubby Dearest and I will be taking a two-week break in the sunshine of Mauritius... it will be our very first long-haul vacation as a family and I'm so looking forward to it! Now that I have everything booked and Monsieur Baby's UV protection shirts, sunglasses and sand bucket ordered I can focus on the very important task of what I will be packing.
Of course I have plenty already in my closet: I'm thinking loose-fitting tops, little dresses, white jeans, greek sandals, and of course colourful totes such as my Bottega Veneta lagoon cabat. But like every fashionista knows it always pays to keep an eye on the new arrivals and collections, just in case some wonderful goodies come up!
Here are my top picks for a holiday in the sun this season, clockwise from top left:
1.Stella McCartney Hawaiian Dress, this is the perfect day to evening summer dress, I'll be able to work it as a beach cover-up or with heels for evening... Love it!
2. Bimba y Lola Bag/Clutch, I bought this yesterday, when I visited the Madrid boutique of Bimba y Lola. the colour is all sunny! If you have no plans to go there, I hear they have a shop at Westfield and also they sell online!
3. J.Crew Featherweight Cashmere Cardi, I ordered this in a light orange the other day but I'm thinking I might just need this one badly as well!
4. PritiNYC Nail Polish in Snapdragon, getting a summer-coloured pedi before leaving London is a tradition I never fail to respect... it's like starting the holidays early.
5. Topshop Maxi Sun Dress, another versatile piece that will work hard for its space in the suitcase, and the colour will be naturally flaterring, even on pale just-arrived skin!
6. Hat Attack Raffia Fedora, always make sure you get extra protection from the sun in a stylish way...
7. Warehouse Butterfly Top, I love butterflies, I love flowy tops, so by natural conclusion I adore this top... going straight to the top of my to-buy list
8. Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses, Hubby Dearest, look away now, I think I need an umpteenth pair of sunglasses... shhh!
9. J Brand 811 Skinny Jeans, every holiday suitcase should feature one pair of fabulous white skinnies, and these are wonderfully flattering and petite girls don't need to shorten them as the hem is perfect!
10. Sam Edelman Sandals, animal print combined with pop colour equals the perfect beach sandal!