Today we're taking off for our holiday in Mauritius, and I'm happy to say that for the first time in my life packing my bag was a breeze! I usually am the worst procrastinator when it comes to packing, finding every possible excuse not to do it (it's time to watch the latest episode of Grey's, I need to skin my make-up brushes before the trip, ... I've tried them all!)
Not this time. With my stress level at a maximum with a hectic work schedule and a Mister Fatpuss going missing for 36 hours leaving me grieving (he is after all my first baby, in his chubby and furry way), I knew that if I took my usual route of last-minute packing, there would be tears.
Instead, I got my summer clothes boxes out a full week ago, and packed everything I needed whilst Monsieur Baby was napping last Saturday! Here's my five rules to packing just what you need for a two-week holiday:
1. Work around three colour themes at most so you can mix and match easily;
2. Accessories are key to transforming looks, so take loads!
3. Leave out pieces that don't belong on the holiday you're taking (sky-high heels in the country??)
4. Even if you're off to a warm holiday remember to pack a jumper and maybe a rain jacket, just in case...
5. Roll pieces instead of folding them, it takes up less space in the suitcase.
How about you? Do you have any packing tips? Please share!
This time, I'm packing loads of bright colours, mainly coral, aqua and blue, with some denim and white neutrals to mix it up... And of course, loads and loads of bikinis and accessories!
Anyways it's time to head off to the airport so it's good bye from me for now, I'll be back in a couple of weeks... But, just to keep this page interesting, I've pre-loaded some posts that will be published whilst I'm away, and I'll report back on our Mauritian adventures as soon as we're back. xoxo, S