Next week, Monsieur Baby is going on his first vacation in the tropics! Hopefully we'll make it to Mauritius in a reasonable shape after the long-haul flight and we'll get to enjoy our very first long holiday as a small family, and for this, we need new goodies to make sure our little tiger is well equipped!
I've been shopping for goodies for the past couple of weeks, mainly sun protection items like UV shirts and sunscreen lotions, etc... Here is an overview of what I bought:
From top left, clockwise:
- First on my list, a UV shirt, to make sure his oh-so-soft skin stays shielded from the sun when he goes on little crawling sprints on the beach, from John Lewis;
- Again to protect agains the sun, a pair of cute printed sun hats by Jojo Maman Bébé;
- I love The Kikoy Co's woven cotton fabrics in bright colours, and Hubby Dearest and I have a couple each bought when we went on honeymoon, so it's only fitting that we get Monsieur Baby his own little one, with a towelling layer to make it extra comfy;
- Vilebrequin make the best swim trunks for children and adults, with the coolest prints, and alexandalexa stock the children sizes in a lot of options, be sure to order a size up as they run slightly small, like most French brands;
- Although he doesn't quite walk on his own yet, I'm hopeful he might decide to take his first steps whilst we're away (how glam... "my baby started walking on the beach!"), so we bought him little beach shoes to make sure the sand doesn't get in the way! You can order some from, Jojo Maman Bébé;
- Based on my experience last summer, tiny tots get really cold after a swim so this time I'm prepared with yet another fab find from Jojo Maman Bébé, a towelling robe in the cutest sailor stripe;
- Honestly I'm not sure he will wear them as he seems to hate having anything in front of his face whenever we try them on, but we ordered him some Babybanz sunglasses from Amazon to make sure he copes with the strong glare...
- And of course, let's not forget, a few pints of sun protection from Clarins' children range, we're good to go!
All I need to do now is pack all these new essentials with the gazillion nappies, creams and other bottles and sippy cups, and hopefully there will be a little bit of space in the bags for Hubby Dearest's and my own things...