Thankfully, it's just a few more weeks now until we depart for our holiday rental in Puglia, in Italy, but before embarking in my post of the day let me share a little thought for my friends who have foolishly decided to give the "holiday in the UK" theme a try... I love my adopted home country but frankly it's just too cold for me to possibly consider this gorgeous island Summer vacation material!
But of course who says Summer says packing some fabulous beachwear, and obviously it doesn't matter how full my wardrobe is, I always have a few new season items in my sight! Before you take a look at my picks, don't forget the essential rules:
1) Think of swimwear as an investment: the pricier, the better you'll look and the more it will endure dips in the sea and pool (of course like every rule this one has a few exceptions, but usually expensive swimwear is of very good quality!)
2) Before even thinking of taking to the beach, give yourself a once-over and ensure that every bit on show is perfectly groomed, and that means waxing, pedicure, mani, exfoliation etc.
3) Ditch the heels, they look silly on the beach...
I wrote a whole post on my beachwear rules a while back, you can read it here... but for now, here is my beachwear edit, Summer 2012 edition!
Neutrals & Animal PrintWe Are Handsome at Matches
- Retro-style sunglasses, ASOS
- Denim cut-offs, Siwy at Donna Ida
- Off-white canvas and tan leather tote, Meli Melo at The Beach Tomato Shack
- Strappy sandals, Forever 21
- Linen shirt in taupe, Uniqlo
- Leopard print bow bikini, Heidi Klein
- Don't forget the sunscreen, Hampton Sun at SpaceNK
Bright coloursSam Edelman at Matches
- Magenta bikini, Heidi Klein
- Long orange pareo, Melissa Odabash at Harrods
- Ecuadorian panama with neon ribbon, Austique
- Multi-print string bikini, Mango
- Bright yellow silk top, Calypso St Barth
- Palm print turquoise and orange bikini, Topshop
- Rubber bag, Anya Hindmarch
True blueVix at Matches
- Blue bikini, Hervé Léger at TheOutnet
- Plunge print swimsuit, Emilio Pucci at Saks
- Fico di Amalfi Eau de Toilette, Acqua du Parma at SpaceNK
- Bright blue bikini, Melissa Odabash at Selfridges
- Blue kaftan with white embroidery, OndadeMar at Matches
- Blue and gold leather sandals, Tory Burch at MyTheresa
I hope you've enjoyed my little edit, any piece catch your fancy?