When it comes to skiing in style, I've already written a few posts about what's important to me: staying warm, being able to move easily, and not feeling totally overwhelmed by a flurry of sequins (read my ultimate ski style post here). I prefer to go for neutral colours in my trousers and jackets, if only because a grey jacket can be mixed with tons of coloured jumpers or accessories; sadly the same can't be said of a hot pink one. And frankly, I prefer to keep shock colours to my Summer wardrobe.
On the slopes, I'm all about a classic silhouette, classic colours, and classic accessories (you guessed it, I'm still not a big fan of the tentacles polar fleece hats...) but I also make sure everything I pick is super comfortable and will keep me warm, there's nothing less stylish than feeling totally constricted and frozen on your skis...
So, here's a little ski style edit for this season, enjoy!
My picks are all about warmth, style, and, of course, comfort!
- If you have warm ski mitts, that's half the battle won... try these gorgeous quilted ones by Barts
- Only Moncler make the perfect technical, luxurious and stylish jackets... I love...
- Stirrup ski trousers such as these by Bogner are big again... sadly not for my shape!
- This Vince cashmere-mix jumper will redeem helmet hair and weather-beaten cheeks at lunch!
- Warm base layers make all the difference between frozen limbs and a good day on the slopes, and this Sweaty Betty is cool and different...
- Wrap up warm in this gorgeous baby alpaca scarf, by Inverni
- Snow boots are a must after hours in the ski boots, I love these Bogner ones, simple yet stylish.
Are you going skiing this Winter? What's your outfit like? Happy Sunday!