I am so super excited to be doing a guest blog post for The Lilac Pages. The Lilac Pages is definitely one of my favourite mummy blogs and I check it religiously for my fashion fix. Little S and I live in the same hood and it’s always great to have another blogging mummy buddy close by. Little S has got serious style and I would happily trade wardrobes with her any day!
Being a stay-at-home mom I try really hard not to lose my sense of style. It’s so easy just to want to roll around in my pajamas all day knowing I’m going to get food and mud thrown on me simultaneously. But to keep my sanity I need to look and feel good to make it through the day. Here are my Top 5 Picks for this Spring that will make the mummy-on-duty super chic!
1. Vanessa Bruno Athe Drop Waist Tunic Dress: I am pretty much a fan of anything that Vanessa Bruno touches. This is such a fun dress in have in your wardrobe this spring. The bright fuchsia is on trend with the neon we are seeing everywhere. I love the shape of this dress because it is easy to dress down with a great pair of flat sandals or for a rare night out with some accessories and heels.
2. Isabel Marant The Bekett Printed Canvas and Suede Wedge Sneakers: I have been lusting after a pair of these Isabel Marant trainers that all of the fashionistas are wearing. They are seriously sold out everywhere and great to see them finally back in stock on Net-A-Porter. I love the fresh white colour for the spring paired with the navy Hawaiian print. These wedges looks super stylish while offering all of the comforts you need chasing your little ones around.
3. Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium in Citron: This was my go to bag last summer and I would love to add another to my collection. I have it in the smaller size in a lovely coral colour that I wore crossbody and seriously wore it everywhere. I’m loving this bold citron colour that would add a bold statement to any old outfit. Plus if the sun isn’t shining in London this bag will make up in brightness!
4. J. Crew Boyfriend Fatigue Jacket: I lived in this J. Crew olive jacket for the past two seasons and I’m so glad they have brought it back. I love that it has a drawstring at the waist to give it a more feminine shape. You can literally toss this jacket on top of any outfit to give it a cool edge. Works really well over a girlie dress or with a simple tee and skinny jeans. The best part is that it won’t break the bank and you will definitely get great use out of it.
5. J Brand 811 Mid Rise Skinny Jeans in Blanc Destruct: The perfect pair of white skinnies for the spring! Loving these J Brand mid rise jeans to support my mummy tummy while making my legs look thin. I don’t think you can ever have too many pairs of J Brands! The distressed style in these skinnies make the jeans just a little bit cooler. Great for running around town with trainers, flats, or sandals and for drinks out in sky high heels.