I can't begin to describe the giddy feeling of being less than two weeks away from our beach holiday.. This year we're headed to Saint Lucia's Sugar Beach, and I'm beyond excited at the prospect of finally making decisions which won't need to be more complicated than deciding which salad I want for lunch and whether I want to read a bit or take a dip. Ahhh... I can almost feel the perfect temperature of the sea.
Obviously, before that, there is the small question of finishing up at work, travelling a few more times, and of course getting ready. I've booked the obligatory waxing, mani pedi, and other essential pre-vacation grooming appointments, but my mind is already floating towards what I should pack. This time, I'm focusing on fresh, cool, easy breezy beachwear; I don't get much wear of evening-wear when it's just Hubby Dearest, Little Monsieur and me, seeing as we aim to take it really easy. So, take a look at my list...
- This season, I'm liking simple shapes, with popping colours, like this bikini by Orlebar Brown
- Shorts make for super easy cover-ups, just add a loose white tee: blue crochet shorts, Miguelina
- Alternatively, I can go for this printed open-shoulder dress by Heidi Klein
- I don't really do plastic flipflops, except for my weekly pedis, I prefer these by K Jacques
- I'll be sure to pack this Hat Attack beauty to keep the sun spots away!
- I tend to keep jewellery laid-back and fun, so this bracelet is perfect, it's by Hipanema
- And of course, my favourite accessory for the beach, suncare by Esthederm at SpaceNK
PS: I'll also be packing my new caftans by Bathsheba, I came across the pop-up shop the other day and bought a couple of pieces, they look fabuous and are fantastic value. And the owner is a lovely lady. Check the website out!
How about you? What are your beachwear must-haves this year?