Hello... I'm back! I can only apologise for my absence since last week, all I can say is I've had a shocker of a week at work, with a trip to NYC followed by a 36-hour deal execution with no sleep. I arrived at the week-end exhausted with no energy to blog, so I hope you'll forgive me.
One good thing that came out of last week is that my insomnia meant I devoured the first season of US series Scandal on my Ipad, and I love it! Olivia Pope is my new heroine, and she's inspired me to go into a new direction with my work style: soft colours in luxe tailoring.
I usually go for blacks, greys and burgundies in the Winter months, but I've decided to try beige, cream and soft taupe a bit more. It will be important to keep the materials luxe, as cheap materials look even cheaper in lighter colours, so I'll be digging out cashmere, angora and other fab textures from my closet. I'll try creams, but also dove greys, and super soft pinks. That's a promise!
This is my luxury nudes edit, what do you think? A style you'll try?
- Beige wool and angora wrap coat, Max Mara Studio
- Cashmere scarf with gold edge, Dianora Salviati
- Ebury tote in taupe, Anya Hindmarch
- Champagne silk peplum top L.K. Bennett
- Pink gold diamante necklace, Henri Bendel
- White boucle jacket, IRO
- Pebble cigarette leg trousers, Reiss
- Cashmere polo neck in soft taupe, Pure Collection
- Patent leather mary-janes, Gucci
Have a fab week!